My mother seems to have taken a step toward acceptance. In fact, if I am interpreting her words correctly, she may have finally acknowledged what I told her months ago.
We were talking in the car on the way home, and my mom brought up the subject of her and my father moving south. Then she mentioned that she didn't feel right being so far away from both of her children (because chances are both of us will end up not moving with them). She said something along the lines of "it's okay if you want to stay in massachusetts, at least you could get married if you found a life partner."
At this point, I was rather shocked. I was thinking 'did she really just say that?' She also said that she was sad that we weren't able to marry nationwide. I don't know how to explain how I felt about this... happy, I guess.
I have no idea what sparked this sudden shift in her. Maybe she looked at the text records or something >__________________>
Either way, it seems to be a step in the right direction.
P.S. I got a tetanus shot today. (Random blurb)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow! That's amazing.
I guess it just took her some time to process it.
Awww, that's good news. :-)
Good news on both fronts. Not only is she accepting it, but you won't die of a horrible disease either. ^___^
that's awesome
Jeremy
I very happy for you and maybeit took some time but she sounds like she has been thinking about it and has derived a level of acceptence
hope all is well, take care and be safe
bob
Aww. :-)
My mom is now 94 and lives with my partner and I, also his mom. The old dames seem to be ok with our relationship and that is amazing for older folks. I am so glad you live in a more progressive state and you could actually get married. Here in Florida we are still in the 19th century.
So, you are one of those brains...how I envied being able to do math and science...but I was always an artist. Loved your blog.
saludos,
raulito
http://fromtop2bttm.blogspot.com/
im jeal jeal. my mom doesn't even speak english. and if she did, pretty sure she wouldn't say anything nice.
碧聊聊天室 , 爱聊语音聊天室 , 天下聊 , 网聊 , 冰心聊天室 , 免费视讯 , 免费一对多视讯 , 久吧视讯聊天室网站 , 日本视讯 , 同城交友约炮
Post a Comment