Apparently this summer work involves learning graduate level nuclear reactor physics and DOS programming. So yeah I spent about 7 hours today working on a physics problem, I'm still trying to get this program to run. The VENTURE program that I had to order from the government has a 300 page user manual.
It's not exactly my idea of fun, but I'm getting paid to do it, and I do enjoy an intellectual challenge.
I am really not a fan of DOS programming though -_-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well, this should be quite the intellectual workout, and a worthwhile experience.
word verification: mingis — it has nothing to do with you, the blog, or the subject matter of the post, but I thought your British readers would be amused just to see it
DOS? What is this, the Dark Ages? Wow...
Fortran programs that run in a DOS window, yes.
Fortran refuses to die, simply because it's so useful. :-)
Certain brands of microprocessors and compilers are still optimized for fortran, even.
Post a Comment