Well, I'm not sure what to say.
I feel like my blog no longer contains the amount of anonymity necessary for me to post about personal matters. Rather than posting here, I've been keeping a journal on my iPod. Which raises the question, what is the point of this blog now? Honestly, I'm not sure there is one anymore. As bloggers that I have never even heard of before figure out who I am and try to add me on facebook (which is not okay by the way), I become less and less likely to post anything at all.
I'm going to keep the blog, but I probably will not be posting anymore.
Thanks for the support.
14 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
oh gosh! sorry that this happened. How did people find your personal FB account?
Well I have enjoyed your posts even though I haven't always commented. I hope that you at least let us know you're living and doing well, etc. every once in a while.
Steve
It actually may be less intentional than that. Bloggers don't necessarily have to figure out who you are. If you are friends with blogger A, whom you know, and blogger A, whom you know, is friends with blogger B, whom you don't know, Facebook will suggest that blogger B try to "friend" you. At some point they may also figure out that you're the guy with this blog, though. And if they also know you irl, it could be a problem, and it could be a problem if they start talking on Facebook about stuff you wanted to keep only to the blog.
So I understand your decision. But I'll be sorry to lose contact with you. Please understand that you have my best wishes, and please remember my advice to be patient whenever life doesn't seem to be going as you'd like. You can influence your future, but you don't control everything.
Don't do anything I wouldn't do.
God bless you always.
Well I'm not sure if it stops friend request suggestions, but I have the security device enabled that says
Allow ads on platform pages to show my information to
and I have it set to "No One."
Aww... that sucks. Some people just can't respect others privacy but I guess that's the way of the internet.
Anyway perhaps keep people posted once in a while in a more general sense??
Best wishes and good luck, stay happy and stay safe!!
*hugs*
I suggest you NOT use the same E-mail for this blog as you have posted on your Facebook. Even if your primary address on Facebook isn't the one you use for this account, if the address for this account is even LISTED in your Facebook account people can successfully search and find you. That happened to me several times (why I listed that my blogger E-mail, I'll never know), and several people found me.
I think if you search with an E-mail for people on Facebook, it automatically adds that E-mail to your account. So if YOU were the one stalking people, if can backfire. ;) I don't know if that set-up has been changed.
My blogging email is not on my facebook account. My email on facebook has my full name in it.
:-/ I'm sorry it's come down to this, though it's fully understandable. Perhaps you simply need to "re-invent" your blog and devote your posts to something a bit less-than-private topics? Idk.
What would I 're-invent' my blog to? The whole purpose of this blog was to make private posts, so that I could *anonymously* share my thoughts and get advice. Now that I can't do that, I simply won't post.
There are several things that I was going to post about, but this has left me with a sour taste in my mouth. If I continue blogging, it will be with a different account, and a new blog.
i hope you continue blogging Jeremy...it certainly meant alot to me what you wrote and i hope you gained something from it as well. i hope you sort everything out in your life including your current issues and continue to be the great guy you already are. much love and thoughts with you. J
That's too bad . . . I understand how scary it must be to feel like your anonymity has been violated. I wish you the best, whatever you decide to do with the blog.
成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天
Post a Comment