08 May 2009

I didn't exactly plan to tell my mother.........

But it just happened D:

My mom and I were joking while we waited for our pizza outside the pizza place, and for some reason she brought up the fact that one of her friends once asked her if I was gay. Well that kind of set off an alarm bell that maybe I do set off gaydar >.<

So she proceeded to tell me how she explained that she was pretty sure I'm not gay. Then she straight out asked me if I was gay. I mean come on, how is that a fair question -_- so after several minutes of uncomfortable silence, I said yes. I was like 'come on, it's been 8 years.' When I was 12 I was really confused. And she said that if I'm confused that I should see a psychiatrist and find out the truth.

Granted, I'm not confused, lol. I think she was kind of disbelieving, she didn't seem to believe me >.<

But she did say that even if I'm gay it doens't change who I am. So at least she is accepting. I'm still not sure if she actually believes me or not -_-

hugs

14 comments:

torchy! said...

well done Jezzer - top man! w00t!

torchy!

Jeremy said...

>.<

Mirrorboy said...

She didn't slap you across the face and disown you. :)

*hugs*

billy said...

Great! It's done, no more wondering how to come out to family. Time to come out more widely - LGBTQ group on campus?
Don't worry about the gaydar, mothers and their friends just love to gossip about their offspring's love life. No girlfriend at 20 makes them ask the question.

naturgesetz said...

Well done.

I think when parents ask the question so directly, they must seriously consider it a possibility, and there's no point in denying it. It would only make it much more difficult to tell the truth later.

cvn70 said...

Jeremy

Hey congats and this may have been hard to do but you are going to be ebtter off i think

take care an dbe safe

bob

Planetx_123 said...

Wow- thats an interesting reaction. Good that at least she didn't freak out and scream like Im sure my mother will :-)

Steve

Aek said...

Well, it could've turned out worse, no? At least she still accepts you for who you are. Don't dwell on it too bad, what will come will come. (And it doesn't look to be like a bad fallout from where I see it.)

Anonymous said...

Well done! Big thing and one we all have done / are doing/ will be doing soon / or are forever regretting that we didn't do. We have them all across our little gay blogging world at the moment!

But, seriously, many congrats. Yer Mum will be completely fine when she' had a little while to cum to terms with it. Think how long it took you!

You'll be fine now! You can start to relax and get yourself some gay friends like Billy said!

Seth said...

seems like an awkward situation remained positive - although she did pull out the psychiatrist card...

its good that you did this - it will (hopefully) open up a new level of relationship with your mom.

*hugs*

Zee said...

*hugz!* Good job.

Anonymous said...

Moms know, good you told the truth. Now you can build an open relationship. She may not mention it again. She needs time to sort out her thoughts. she does accept you and everything will be fine between you all
love
ken

Joe said...

Im glad that she accepts you!! Well done :):)

Love,

J xx

Doug said...

Hey congrats! I would say that that went fairly well. The last part where she says being gay doesn't change who you are - that's a great sign. I only hope that if/when I come out to my mom that it goes that well.

btw, thanks for the comments and the link!