16 September 2009

So, the doctor...

He was a urologist. The first thing I had to do was pee in a cup -_-

He said my urine was clean, and he took a look at the ultrasound results. He basically told me it's going to hurt until it stops hurting. Good advice, eh?

He said I must have done something strenuous that injured it- he doesn't think it's an infection at all. This is possible, as I was doing some heavy lifting at UConn. He said it's inflammed, and that there is fluid around the testicle- he explained it's sort of like when you sprain your ankle, it gets all puffy and swollen. Apparently something similar has happened to my testicle.

So he basically told me to take long showers, and take ibuprofen or some other pain killer/anti inflammatory to keep the pain at a minimum. He's scheduled another ultrasound appointment in November to see if it's getting better. Hopefully it does, as I have no idea what the next step would be if it's not.

That's my update for today.

(On a side note, this is my 50th post.. it doesn't feel very special :P)

hugs

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it does get better...that's been bothering you for a ridiculously long time.

And yay on the 50th post!

Ty said...

man every post is special

and congrats on your 50th

peace:)

MartininBroda said...

Wish you so much good luck as I'm able to wish.

Anonymous said...

Just stay away from sex til he tells you can cum again

Jeremy said...

@Anonymous- I have never had sex in my life.

I have no intention of stopping wanking though :)

torchy! said...

yeah every post is special. sorry there's no take-these-for-7-days-and-it'll-be-fine treatment, but at least it sounds like it's not any of the bad things.

good to see you're not planning to give up on any manual activities :P

maybe some support would help? if you need someone to gently cup your nuts for you, just let us know :P

take care Jezzer
hope the pain goes real soon
torchy!

Gillie said...

So, this is going to sound like completely backward advice. But, try wearing briefs, or some kind of tight supporting underwear. And I mean, wear them. To bed, unless you are showing, yeah tight underwear. The support helps lessen the pain.

Aek said...

:-/

That sucks. I hope it gets better sooner than later if you're going to have to "wait it out."

Jeremy said...

@Otaku- I always wear briefs, I hate boxers.

naturgesetz said...

Congrats on No. 50!

Well I hope the long showers and anti-inflammatories work. A testectomy would be regrettable.

But seriously, I though heavy lifting gave you hernias.

I hope the pain goes away really soon.

Anonymous said...

Congrads on the big five-oh.

I knew a person that had elephantitus. His nut swole up big time. He joked that he needed a wheel barrel to hold his balls.

Hope it gets better. Soon.

It'll hurt til it stops. Hmmm. Thats like saying don't have sex until you can!